Data Privacy Statement
We protect your privacy. The legally compliant collection, processing and usage of your personal data is very important to us and done in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). This Data Privacy Statement will inform you below about the type, scope and purpose of the processing of your personal data when you visit our website.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following Information about you:
You may choose not to provide personal information and you will still be able to visit most of the Maria Consulting website, most of our sections and web pages are opened to all visitors and they do not require any login access.
At the moment the only place where we collect personal information on our website is in the Contact Us page.
Information we automatically collect about you:
Every time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following Information:
- Technical Information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to, through and from our Website (including date and time);
- Products or Services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- Some devices allow applications to access real-time location based information (for example GPS). If you access our Website from any such devices, we may collect such information from your mobile device at any time while you download or use our Website. We may use this Information to optimise your experience.
- Unless permitted or required to do so by law, we will never disclose any Information which is classified as “sensitive personal data” (as defined under section 2 of the Data Protection Act 1998) without your explicit consent.
- We use advanced technology, secure third party suppliers and well-defined employee practices to help ensure that your Information is processed promptly, accurately, completely and securely.
- You do however acknowledge that the transmission of Information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information as set out above, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Website. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to your information
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to request a copy of the Information that we hold about you (but only in relation to “personal data”). This is called a "subject access request".
- If you would like a copy of some or all of your Information which is “personal data”, please contact us to request this by telephone, e-mail or in a letter and we will provide you with this within the statutory timeframe of 4 weeks.
- You may also want to contact us to raise any other query or complaint in relation to the Information we hold about you. If you raise a complaint, in the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may also be able to refer the complaint to Information Commissioner’s Office.
Why do we collect cookies
How cookies are used
Cookies are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer in order to establish useful continuity across the various pages of the site.
Cookies for Analytics
We use analytics to measure how many visitors are using the website, which pages interest them and so on, and this involves storing cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify its treatment of cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your experience to our website more efficient and some of our site services will not function properly. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.